Sunday, December 24, 2017

Help a vegan’s first Christmas! (Recipe help) vegan

Hello!

I’ve been teetering on the edge of vegetarian and vegan this whole year, but I’ve been cooking exclusively vegan these past several months. In general, I do not like cooking, but going vegan helped me enjoy cooking a lot more since there’s usually no other option. That gives you an idea that my recipe question might be a “no-brainer” or a stupid question, but I’m such a novice at cooking so please be nice!

My favorite thing to cook is Spaghetti and vegan meatballs. I’ve found a base recipe but I’ve perfected it and made it my own, coining my recipe name as “Heatballs” since I like it super spicy.

I’ve decided to alter the recipe and make a “Heatloaf” for my family gathering tomorrow for Christmas. So what I did was just make the main ingredients and put it in the 8x3x2 inch foil pan. Most of the ingredients are kidney beans, flax meal, chia seeds, caramelized veggies, breadcrumbs, oats, bbq sauce, and some other random spices. This is all done and currently sitting in my freezer. The rest of my recipe (for heatballs) is to cook at 350 degrease for 40 minutes. I’ve noticed some other vegan meatloaf recipes stated to only cook for 35 minutes.

With those ingredients in mind, how do I keep this as fresh as possible on a 3 hour car ride? My current plan is this. Right now, it’s sitting in my freezer with the plan of taking it to my destination and cooking it there. But I have honestly no clue how much time I should cook it for.

I have so many variables to take account. This is a loaf and not little balls so should the oven temp be different? Should I keep it in the freezer since it’ll most likely thaw in the 3 hour car ride? Or keep it in the refrigerator so it’ll be room temperature when I arrive? How long should I bake it for when I get to my destination? Or is it better to just bake it tonight or tomorrow morning before I head over and just warm it up when I get there?

Thanks for reading! This my first time bringing THE main dish and not just a side and I can’t tell if I’m thinking too much into it or not.

TLDR: What is the best way to transport food to survive a 3 hour car ride? Should I bake it now and reheat it tomorrow? Or should I just let the ingredients sit and bake it when I get to my destination?



Submitted December 24, 2017 at 11:54PM by atessellation http://ift.tt/2D7BswX vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment