Tuesday, December 26, 2017

I work at a restaurant, and this is not about revenge. How do you report things anonymously and to who? answers

So... I’ve worked here for around 8 years. I DO NOT have another job lined up or anything like that, so this isn’t me trying to condemn people who I work with and get back at them. I have told every manager and owner we have about the problems listed below and I generally get an answer of “that’s not my job”.

In no way am I exaggerating on how absolutely disgusting this place and the workers can be.

Here is a little list: -Black mold in the walls. (I’ve seen it and smelled it)

-Lack of proper cleaning and glove use. (People not wearing gloves touch the food at every single stage, for real)

-Lack of cleaning the equipment (This is another “not my job” moment. The stover, stove tops, grill, salad station, all of it, can be horrible looking at moments.)

-Holes in the ceiling, and the if you look at the bricks outside you can see through the mortar.

-Flies, Wasp, Roaches, rats, random bugs are always coming in. (Since I’ve been there we have had 2-4 bowls of soup come back because someone found a fly in them)

-The owner sprays this RAID stuff for flying insects, inside the kitchen during business hours while food is being made and served around her

-The food itself is subpar, and can not possibly be good to serve. The tomatoes consistently look like they dropped on the ground and those are the ones we got to serve.

-The sewer and pipes for the cleaning of the kitchen, back up all the time and it smells like actual horse shit in the walk in freezer and walk in refrigerator. I’m not exaggerating, I have to cover my face to go into the walk in fridge to get food sometimes.

-No hair nets or rules for hair grooming (If I didn’t work where I do in the building, there would have been an uncountable amount of people who would have eaten hairs from the grill cook or fry person)

-You’re lucky if you go to the bathroom and the towels are in the dispenser. So most people usually just don’t wash their hands.

-Unless it is bread, if food has mold on it (tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, strawberries, etc.) We still are told to cut off the moldy part and use the rest. Apparently they don’t understand how mold works

I could keep going but I think you’ve got the main idea now.

So again, I still work here and have no backup job but this is just too much in my mind and we have elderly customers a lot of the time. There’s no telling what it’s doing to the people who eat here.

They either pay the health inspector off or he is blind and can’t smell anything.

To my question: Where can I report all this anonymously? Not to avoid being blamed, but strictly to prove to someone somewhere that I’m not making this shit up and to help the actual people who eat here.

Thank you for any help, and any questions I’ll try to respond to quickly.



Submitted December 26, 2017 at 11:24PM by stolenlogic http://ift.tt/2BWAyHt answers

No comments:

Post a Comment