Thursday, December 28, 2017

Show me your water making stations ReefTank

I'm looking to update the way I make my salt water and top off water. Currently I'm using, and will be keeping, my 6 stage RO/DI system. Right now I have it hooked up to where the line that does not get through the DI goes to the refrigerator upstairs for water and the ice maker. Consequently it has a small pressurized reserve tank.

When I need to make water I shut off the pressure tank, then simply take the line out of the DI and put it in my bucket/container. There is a simple valve on the end of this line, I open it up and am now making water.

I've built a wooden stand next to my RO/DI in the basement and want to put in a plastic tub/reservoir. Ideally it would have an auto top off, but I'm still dealing with the pressure/reserve tank. In the instructions for the unit it stated to shut off the tank when making RO/DI water as when you don't the water comes out fairly quickly and it can damage the membrane or perhaps it was because forcing the water diminishes the filtering ability, I forget. Anyway my goal is to have a large reservoir of fresh, RO/DI water with a spigot at the bottom that I can then easily and quickly empty into a container to take up to my tank to fill the auto top off reservoir or empty it into another container to make saltwater. Any ideas or examples of setups would be appreciated.



Submitted December 29, 2017 at 02:12AM by kkocan72 http://ift.tt/2CiqTIj ReefTank

No comments:

Post a Comment