Monday, December 25, 2017

Just opened a present from "Santa" [2] nosleep

part 1

Merry Christmas everyone! My morning haul was okay, I didn’t get the one thing I did want, but at least this book has officially made the top my list for “weird things I got for christmas!” LOL

My cousin and I decided that if we do 3 or four chapters per post we should be able to run through the whole book in four more days. I know I hate not knowing how much time I have to invest in something (like, we all have better stuff to do, right? lol) so I promise you all PROMISE that I'll run through the whole book in 5 posts and you can trust me cause I really am a good person. Honesty runs in my family, yo. There's absolutely no way I will go over or under 5 posts. You all have my word and, as my grandpa always says, "your word is everything. Even if it's just between you and one other guy and no one else heard you."

Last night my cousin went through old photos on facebook of last year’s xmas. He’s sure he got a copy but he couldn’t see it in any of the photos so he decided to go back another year and, I shit you not, we found a picture of my grandpa with the same book!! We were really flipping out and woke up some people, I guess, cause they told us to cool it and wait until morning. I think they thought we were trying to open gifts or something early like we were some stupid kids.

We tried asking around in order to find who’s giving out the book, but no one’s confessing. Nobody wants to talk about my grandpa at all, which is sketch as fuck. He left in the middle of the night, like in January or February right after that photo was taken. At first, my mom told me that he was just on vacation. THEN, after a few months or whatever, she told me he was working one of his part-time jobs again but somehow got promoted to full time? And this job only takes place in the south so he had to move there, too. It was around that time that everyone got super quiet and stopped talking about him. I’m pretty good at telling when my mom’s lying to me and she was giving off mad non-verbals, but she’s keeping up with her story.

My question is: why hasn’t my grandpa called or anything? I haven’t seen him since christmas two years ago and he used to live with us off and on again since I was little. I try to be a positive person in my household so I have to admit there’s a bright side about my grandpa leaving. Since he’s been gone my mom has chilled out. Everything has been pretty mellow around the house and I don’t feel so on edge anymore. It was always during holidays (especially) when he would really pick on my mom. She wouldn’t cry or anything, but I could see her looking like she wanted to be anywhere else.

Back to this creepy ass book.

So the next chapter begins with this Tom guy coming back home with this big shot American business guy who says that he can help them out financially.


Tom practically skipped into the kitchen. She hadn’t seen him so happy in a while. Since the weeks after their argument he had spent much of his time brooding in the den, drinking up his imported whisky.

Tom turned and pointed to the large man who had stepped in the door behind him. “This is Steven, the man I was telling you about.” Tom nodded, pushing her with his eyes to “be friendly,” and that “this man’s important. He has worth.” She stretched out her practiced smile and lowered her eyes. Just like her mother had trained. Her words rang in her head, ::Lower your fucking chin! Let him know who’s in charge or else he will show it! I’m doing this for you::

She forgot to breathe and inhaled sharply through her cracked smile. Her eyes refocused on the large man rushing before her. His wide, jowled face beamed, biting his lower lip in a barely contained smile. Before she had a chance to exchange pleasantries, Steven was wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her up in a grand bear-hug. She felt his hands readjust themselves to her center of weight, keeping them both barely balanced as the two began to spin. Then he slipped, his fingers dug into her rump. A tinge of nausea ran up her spine. The man bellowed out laughter, thrusting his hot breath deep into her nostrils.

As the two whirli-birds ended their rotation she felt a desperate need to wrench herself free. With so many feelings layering themselves on top of one another, so many feelings tearing at her from every angle—threating to shred her down to her molecular level—she did the only thing she could think of and let out three barking laughs.

The laughter seemed to only incense Steven and he casually tapped her three times on the shoulder. Each sending a shudder through her like the turning over the engine in a vehicle. The lights fluttered for a moment as she felt the reality of the situation flood back. The whole interaction had thrown her so far off balance she felt utterly wiped. Without any bearings to right herself, she relied on instincts to direct the next moment.

The words singed over her tongue like acid, “Tom, what a lively friend you have!” Her saliva, hung in her throat.

"Steven is a business associate. We’re going to go into the next room and hammer out some of the finer details. Be a doll and whip us up something to eat.” Tom chuckled and winked to Steven. “You want some bourbon? Real American stuff, here.” Tom jovially grabbed onto Steven’s shoulder, guiding him to the study, when Steven abruptly swatted at Tom’s hand.

"Don’t fuckin’ touch me,” he hissed as Tom tumbled into the refrigerator.

Tom apologized before he even hit the ground.

Panic rippled through her legs. Things became sharp. Strained. Alert. Her chest strained against, what felt like, the mere presence of this large American man standing in her kitchen. This ogre looming in the doorway out.

Steven turned to her, smiling and pointing at Tom as if to say, “can you believe this guy?”


This whole book is like really freaky. I keep wanting to read more of it even though some of my uncles are starting to make fun of me for reading it all the time. Whatever, man. They can call me a nerd all they want cause its not like its a hard book or anything. I barely have to look up the words like usual.

Anyway, we’re all finally getting out of the house today and going to some restaurant as a family, so I’ll hop on later keep up with you guys!

PEACE



Submitted December 26, 2017 at 01:26AM by DrSnuffaluffagus http://ift.tt/2Dactcr nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment