Saturday, December 30, 2017

Fermentation Chamber Without Flammable Refrigerant? mead

I'm an apartment-dweller. I just had a Frigidaire 5 cubic-foot chest freezer delivered, only to find out that my landlord will not allow it in the building because of the R600a refrigerant.

They are concerned about explosions and fire damage generally. I don't think that they are being reasonable but I can't fight them on it since it's not worth risking our otherwise cordial relationship. Believe me, I'm frustrated.

Are there any comparably-sized refrigerator/freezer units, suitable for use as a fermentation chamber, that do not use a combustible refrigerant? I'm set on creating a small fermentation chamber since I've had lots of problems with temperature control, but the gods seem to be against me.

Thanks!



Submitted December 30, 2017 at 10:57PM by FrustratedMeadmaker http://ift.tt/2Eik6Pz mead

No comments:

Post a Comment