Saturday, December 23, 2017

Breakfast success! MealPrepSunday

I've lurked here a bit. I've prepped lunches, dinners, and snacks without much fanfare. Breakfast though has always eluded me. I work 10pm to 6am so "breakfast" has always been a quick stop at whatever fast food place was open that I haven't eaten to death. I finally decided that I'm a grown ass woman and if I want to eat real breakfast food at 9pm, the rest of the 9-5 world can just fuck right off.

So, I just made a dozen breakfast burritos to stock the freezer. Not the most creative food prep here but it's a step in the right direction. Nothing fancy, just hash brown potatoes, scrambled eggs, ham or bacon, and a couple fresh jalapeno slices wrapped with one of two flavors of tortilla (basil tomato or spinach/herb if you're interested). It took a grand total of roughly an hour, not counting the time I let the potatoes and eggs cool down in the refrigerator. Average cost is about 75 cents per burrito (call it 85 cents if you don't count the free eggs and jalapenos from coworkers).

I'm not a calorie counter, but going by nutrition facts on the packages and estimating the eggs, they fall somewhere between 180-185 calories. I'm sure that could be brought down by using things like turkey bacon, better ham choices, and making the potatoes from scratch vs frozen package. All in all though, I'm pretty impressed and quite frankly, just wanted to share my joy. :)



Submitted December 24, 2017 at 12:16PM by who_needs_charisma http://ift.tt/2znh20M MealPrepSunday

No comments:

Post a Comment