Sunday, December 31, 2017

Is it still good or should I throw it? Frugal

I I bought a turkey deep fryer the other day and on Christmas I deep fried me a turkey. After I was done deep frying it I drained the oil, but I did not strain any particles out and I did not put it in the refrigerator I just put it back into its original container and set it on my shelf in the pantry. When I look at the container that it's in the oil is a little bit darker than it normally should be and it has a little bit of a scent as well but not the scent of rotten food or rancid at least I don't think so plus I just got done deep frying a turkey in it 6 or 7 days ago. My question is do you think the oil is still good for me to use today if I were to fry some chicken in there? I have about a half a gallon of brand new peanut oil and then I have a gallon of used peanut oil that I used to fry the Turkey in. When I look in the container there is no food particles that I can see with my naked eye, but like I said it does have a little bit of a scent to it and it is a little off colored.



Submitted January 01, 2018 at 09:17AM by Jke0821 http://ift.tt/2Cpy43N Frugal

No comments:

Post a Comment