Saturday, December 2, 2017

Need some help figuring out how to rearrange kitchen DesignMyRoom

I bought my house in May. I've been doing most of the work outside, but I'd like to finally start planning what to do with my Kitchen, Dining Room, and Living Room.

It's a fairly small house, so I'm thinking the best would be to knock out the walls separating each of these rooms. Seems like as open as possible would be best here. However, since the old owners bought such a giant refrigerator, I'm not sure how best to do this.

I'm thinking of taking down the walls, and using two supports to hold up a beam going across to support the ceiling. Especially since, the ceiling is already drooping. With that support, I'm thinking of some sort of island to replace where the fridge is, that way I can have some amount of working space. I pretty much only have the small area next to the fridge for me to work.

Anybody have experience opening up an area like this? I've never done anything like this before, so any thoughts would be nice. I'm not entirely sure where to even start on this project.

Album of the current setup: http://ift.tt/2jci5LU



Submitted December 03, 2017 at 06:00AM by Sigs21 http://ift.tt/2BvJ2Rj DesignMyRoom

No comments:

Post a Comment