I received a move-out invoice from my former landlord to the tune of my entire $1700 security deposit to replace and repair a garbage disposal and a refrigerator ice maker unit. Thing is, I never used these during my two-year tenancy and would've had no idea if they were or were not in working condition.
On top of this, he is charging me $400 for repainting one room (said he deducted $200 for normal wear-and-tear, so really $600) for some black marks on the wall. We're talking a room that is probably 10'x10' and all solid off-white. I just painted my entire 3200 sq. ft. house for less than that.
Am I on the hook for these exorbitant charges? I feel like I am being fleeced. Unfortunately, I have no pictures from move out as I didn't think there would be any issues. Any repairs I've needed in the past were taken care of and handled properly by both parties.
Thanks for any advice.
Submitted July 13, 2017 at 03:34AM by TheBrownGhost http://ift.tt/2uaTEoO legaladvice
No comments:
Post a Comment