Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Moved to America Frugal

I just moved to USA and would be here for sometime. I find sugars in food everywhere which is both good and bad and all stores are humongous and pharmacy sells milk and almost everything. That's weird for someone who comes from a place which have a store for every ten steps away and a land with more people than cars, where canned/packed food costs more than fresh produce.

Is there a wiki for someone like me? From brands I should stick to, eating healthy, ways to scout deals in walmart or every big grocer? Being a student its expensive to live healthy and frugal TBH.

Thank you!

EDIT Well I was at Walmart yesterday and I find plethora of options but majority of my food options are unavailable. I come from a place where I can easily source farm fresh food for every meal and so the milk wherever America is altogether difference. To quote a instance, I cooked food without a refrigerator and made three square meals a day for an year or so in India.

My diet would be lot of green veggies, mushrooms, lentils, whole wheat breads (chapati/lathca paratha), soya chunks and soya granules, pulses and farm cow milk. I am sure the milk from 2% reduced fat milk from walmart tasted altogether different right from texture to flavor I get used to good old milk from home. I dont even consume eggs and I am unsure how I am gonna live with food habits.



Submitted July 25, 2017 at 10:36PM by NCpoorStudent http://ift.tt/2uZatTq Frugal

No comments:

Post a Comment