Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Refrigerator Water Line Question Plumbing

So I'm thinking about re-running the water line for my fridge (currently copper, thinking of braided steel). As I understand, line quality is as follows: Braided Steel > Copper > PVC / Plastic. But when I was looking at the Braided Steel water lines, they are just braided steel sleeves over a PVC line. So why are the considered better than copper or standard PVC.

Bonus question: I currently have a saddle valve (I understand these aren't overly reliable) to feed the water line. Does Shark Bite make something that I could just cut the water line and connect that would have an attachment point for the water line? I googled it but couldn't find anything.

Thank you for taking the time to answer very basic plumbing questions.



Submitted July 26, 2017 at 07:15PM by ebrn1ar http://ift.tt/2uCLQK2 Plumbing

No comments:

Post a Comment