Sunday, July 30, 2017

Plans for my 1996 Ford E150 Conversion Van vandwellers

I'll start by saying this project will take months to finish but I'm excited and motivated. Depending on many factors I estimate spending $10k to $12k in total. There are many details like wiring, propane lines, water lines, fuses, breakers, vents, paints etc.. that I did not link to.

I've created a rough 2D layout of my 1996 E150 conversion van. The heights are not included in the image. I can just barely stand inside. The colored squares represent their actual size as I've purchased or will purchase.

I picked up the van for $1,800 with 125k miles. It needed new tires, battery, wind shield, and AC work. The paint also leaves much to be desired. The interior was disgusting but it runs well! Gutted and will reupholster the chairs/bed.

My wife and I won't be full timing but we will be on long trips often.

Power

Kitchen

Water

Insulation

  • Planning to use Polyiso or Foamular on floors, walls, and roof. Cracks filled with great stuff foam.
  • Reflectix for windows
  • Also considering some type of roof to floor air circulation
  • I still need to plan this out better though

Other Details

  • 10 gallon horizontal propane tank will be mounted under the van below the fridge and counter area. Picked it up for $180.
  • Window AC Unit 5000 BTU Vented to the side and roof as well as some type of PVC drainage pan.
  • Radio/GPS A bit of a gamble here but having android with my phones hotspot should be a win.
  • Mounted TV between stove and sliding door area - not sure exactly where or what TV yet
  • The bed is a typical conversion van bed. It is a motorized sliding/reclining bed that I can also make into seat belted seats. It "should" also be seats for 2 pop out desks as seen in the picture.
  • I may add a swivel passenger seat and mount another pop out desk on the side door.
  • Mr Heater Buddy I'm planning to make a more permanent installation to my propane tank.
  • Will have fire extinguisher and smoke/gas/CO2 detectors
  • Exterior paint, rims, running boards all TBD depending on cash

Some Additional Thoughts:

  • Is my sink too far from the water heater on the rear door?
  • Need to make sure the converter is disabled when running off the inverter. Until I see the units I'm not sure how I'll proceed. Hopefully I can add a relay.
  • No bathroom but it won't fit. Maybe I'll consider an emergency toilet.
  • Cabinets, counters, and most interior design are yet to be determined.
  • I have much to learn.

I'm sure I forgot something but I'll edit the post if I remember. Any critiques or suggestions are appreciated.



Submitted July 31, 2017 at 02:33AM by LostMyMilk http://ift.tt/2v9w9wI vandwellers

No comments:

Post a Comment