Thursday, July 27, 2017

(NY) Landlord won't fix refrigerator, wants me to buy a new one. legaladvice

Simple problem: I rent, the refrigerator that was there when I moved in broke. In my lease, there's a line that states "the appliances are a one-time courtesy provided by the landlord and the landlord is not responsible for replacing or repairing."

I really really don't want to buy a fridge that I then have to shlep around or sell when I move out.

Here's what the relevant law states "Landlords are required to maintain electrical, plumbing ... appliances landlords install, (such as refrigerators and stoves) in good and safe working order."

Seems pretty straight forward that the clause in the lease is nonbinding, right?



Submitted July 27, 2017 at 09:19PM by FormigaX http://ift.tt/2uBWIJU legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment