Wednesday, July 26, 2017

"Guests" have just passed the two-month mark on what was originally supposed to be a week long visit. Help! relationships

These guests just won't leave and are treating my house and belongings as their own!

They (M&F couple, mid 20s) have come from overseas to do a year long working/travelling holiday around our country and are childhood friends of my partners. After landing in our city, they asked if they could crash at our place while they searched for their own apartment. Of course we obliged, given how long it had been since my partner had seen them and doing our best to be hospitable.

All is going well, they find an apartment not too far from ours and are about to sign the lease when I get a phone call from a sobbing woman stating she just can't bring herself to sign that lease, it's too much money and a tiny share-apartment that didn't feel like home.

So of course I done what anyone would do and offered them a bit more time at ours until they found something more suitable.

WELL what a mistake that was! They've seemingly called off their searches and have decided to call our house home. Just the other day I overheard them discussing staying until December so they could save up some money. DECEMBER.

This is extremely bothering me as my partner and I had only had just moved into this new house we'd recently purchased, and it was our first time living together. Ever. So it's a pretty pivotal moment in our relationship.

Not to mention all of our furniture and belongings in the house are getting thrashed completely. I'm talking plates smashed, cutlery going missing, stains on couch cushions, the works. Not what you want when you've just spent god knows how much to fill your home.

They go through my cupboards like it's the local grocery store, and help themselves to anything they wish, food, alcohol, my makeup. And don't replace things! One day I've come home from work to find my refrigerator completely re-organised!!!!!!

It's really grinding my gears and I cannot continue to live like this. I'm an introverted person and relish private time at home.

Our living expenses have more than doubled since they've arrived and we literally cannot afford this. My partner however feels it's our duty to help them out while they're in our country so far from home, especially since they've been friends for so long and is hesitant to ask them to leave, or bring anything up for that matter. When I've tried discussing things with them (which is a struggle in itself as I'm quite timid), it seems to fall on deaf ears.

I just really want them out of my house asap.

TL;DR I feel like we're being used for a free holiday.



Submitted July 27, 2017 at 04:12AM by kissmyasthma990 http://ift.tt/2v0j0Wl relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment