Sunday, July 30, 2017

TIFU when my burrito almost caused my house to burn down. tifu

It was around 11 am when I had woken up from sleeping. I did my usual routine of getting up and walked to the refrigerator in the kitchen. I grabbed a frozen burrito from the freezer and I put it in the microwave. It normally takes 2 minutes for the burrito to be cooked evenly. However, I was still half asleep and I set the time for 20 minutes. I went to the adjacent room and sat on my couch. I would close my eyes for what I thought was a minute, but it turns out I fell asleep for 15. Soon the fire alarm went off and I jumped out of the couch and hurried to the kitchen. I popped open the microwave to reveal my burrito. It was like a fat chunk of coal and the plate it was on went from a clean pearl color, to a singed wheat brown. I tried to take it out but it was just too hot to grab with my bare hands. So I had to makeshift a pair of oven mitts from some hand towels that were on my table. The kitchen wreaked of burnt burrito and smoke. I don't think I'll be making any burritos any time soon.

TL;DR: Tried to cook burrito half asleep. Nearly burned down the house



Submitted July 31, 2017 at 08:10AM by EfrenDaFish http://ift.tt/2vkvb1g tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment