Saturday, July 29, 2017

Fridge/freezer question vandwellers

I'm researching which refrigerator to buy, really, REALLLY want it to have a separate freezer as well. Pretty common thread, I know, lots of resources out there. BUT there is one piece of info I haven't been able to figure out... What exactly is the problem with just buying one of those dorm/small apt fridge freezer combos for like $100-200 bucks? I'm assuming it has something to do with energy consumption? How powerful a system would I need to run one of those 24/7? Wondering if the cost of adding more power might be less than shelling out like a grand for one of the fridge/freezers made for RV use.

I'm sure there's a reason why everyone doesn't just have one of these mini fridge/freezer in their van, can someone enlighten me?

EDIT: I'm planning running off of solar with an inverter generator to supplement when needed. Not sure the specs yet, but no less than 400W on the roof, and no less than 250AH in batteries (preferably as much battery as possible, just gonna be limited by weight and $$$).



Submitted July 29, 2017 at 11:53AM by tstigler http://ift.tt/2uL8H6g vandwellers

No comments:

Post a Comment