Monday, August 3, 2015

I was just given a ton of clams. HELP! Cooking

Hey guys, I'm new here and I don't cook anything too wild, really just the same kind of stuff over and over. I don't venture into much beyond chicken/rice/beef/vegetables. I'm a personal trainer so my diet is very healthy, but also very repetitive. Anyway one of my clients does some clam fishing? He apparently got a good haul (300lbs he says) and as a "thank you" just gave me bag full of clams. Not like 5 or 10 but likely 30 or 40. I accepted to be polite. He said they're fresh and he just caught them this morning. But now what? I don't know how to store these. I don't know how to cook these. I'm flattered by the gesture but now I have a bag full of clams that I'm not sure what I should be doing with. This happened 5 minutes ago. Help me /r/cooking! You're my only hope!

EDIT: I should have mentioned that I'm at work for another 6 hours and can't really do much to them right now.

EDIT 2: I put them in the refrigerator like this? I think it's okay based on some googling I did.



Submitted August 04, 2015 at 12:48AM by Loverboy_91 http://ift.tt/1MI86Gm Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment