Wednesday, August 5, 2015

How can I gain weight on soylent soylent

Good day, My weight is unhealthily low for my age. For the past month or two, I've only been drinking soylent (because of digestive and tolerance issues with regular food) and I am now able to maintain a steady weight. To gain weight I need to go fairly above 2000 calories, but I can't drink more than 1 pitcher a day for two reasons: 1. I cannot (at least currently) consistently be able to drink more than the volume of 1 pitcher, just not physically possible for me. 2. If I do drink more, then I end up having to make another pitcher mid day. This has two problems. If I make a pitcher and start drinking immediately, it will be crowded with clumps (sort of like a bowl of cereal) afloat, and my stomach can't tolerate it very well when it hasn't had time to sit in the refrigerator overnight and 'settle.' Thus I would end up only being able to drink less overall. Making pitchers mid-day is also difficult to discipline myself to do. I have successfully made the habit of drinking my last cup of soylent and making tomorrow's pitcher when I go to bed, since it's consistent and happens the same time and same way.

So I'm currently looking to add ingredients to the pitcher to increase the amount of calories, but I am unsure of the sorts of brands/types to add. My plan right now is to find a sort of powdered source of fat (like what is used in the soylent powder itself) and a powdered source of protein (which should hopefully not be too difficult.) In regards to protein, it seems my stomach cannot tolerate too much of it, as those "muscle milk" or any similar products with high protein always leave me with strong naseau (I never vomit as a result of these stomach-related issues.)

I also do not know which carbohydrate/protein/fat ratio I should aim for. Most of what I've loosely heard/read for this in regards to weight gain appears contradictory. I'm not looking for personal insults and flaming about how I should know better about nutrition and ought to do weeks of scholarly research. I am seeking a solution or pointer in the right direction for my conundrum.

I'd like to add that experimenting with the various powdered food alternatives is not desirable for me since it has been by much luck that I've managed to find something my stomach can tolerate. It is unlikely that my stomach will tolerate 4000cal monster-protein deluxe bodybuilding fusion fuel (and I'm not interested in bodybuilding or getting muscles.)

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely, someonefe393bffrfrwefasdf;43ru382hbaaaaah



Submitted August 06, 2015 at 03:58AM by someonefell3939222 http://ift.tt/1Iqu9wd soylent

No comments:

Post a Comment