Friday, December 1, 2017

I Really Hate Flies nosleep

I woke up, jolted awake by another nightmare. I used to never dream but ever since my family died in a house fire a month back, every night I was greeted by another terrifying dream that I couldn't remember by the time morning came.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, trying to recall any details of the nightmare but nothing came to mind. It was all fuzzy. I sighed and grabbed my phone, checking the time. 8 am on the dot. As I scrolled my phone, checking for new messages a fly landed on my arm. Annoyed, I swatted it away. A second later, it landed on me again. With each attempt to keep the fly from landing on me, I grew more frantic and much more annoyed until I was swatting all around me like an idiot. Finally, I stood up to find my fly swatter.

That's when I noticed it.

There were thousands, no millions of flies covering my walls to the point where I could no longer see underneath them. There was a low buzzing sound all around me that I hadn't noticed before and worst yet, there was an awful stench I couldn't place. I left the room. As I walked down the hallway into the living room, the smell grew worse. The whole house stunk of rotting flesh. I gagged and covered my mouth and nose with my shirt, though it hardly helped. The living room was in the same state. Millions of flies covered the walls and were buzzing all around me, and a lot of them were buzzing in and out of the kitchen like they were attracted to it.

I rounded the corner with caution, afraid of what I might see. Boy was I in for a shock.

Covering the floor was a trail of dried blood leading to my half open refrigerator, the source of the horrifying stink that clung to my throat as if it were attempting to choke me. Fear told me to go no further but curiosity and the adrenaline pumping through my veins urged me on. I inched my hand slowly to the door and gripped it, preparing myself for whatever horrors laid inside. I finally braced myself and flung open the door. I screamed, falling into the kitchen sink. There, grey and sunken with deep gashes oozing dark red liquid was a corpse. Not even a whole corpse. Just the torso and head remained, the rest looking like it had been ripped off by a starving, rabid animal. I let out a blood curdling scream.

Suddenly, the head snapped up at me with wide, colourless eyes. It whispered in a deep, gutteral voice that only the pits of hell could conjure up, "Why did you let us die, Natalie? Why did you let us die? WHY DID YOU LET US DIE, NATALIE? I THOUGHT YOU LOVED US! NATALIE IT HURTS! IT HURTS, PLEASE! STOP THE HURT NATALIE! STOP IT!" it screamed so loud it felt like the noise was filling my head. Without thinking, I did the only thing I could. In a quick motion I picked up my foot and kicked into its head repeatedly, making a sick crunching sound each time my boot made contact with it's skull until the screaming ceased. The neck broke and out of the hole where it's head was flew another swarm of disgusting flies. I sobbed and curled into a ball, waiting for the buzzing to stop...

I woke up, jolted awake by another nightmare. I used to never dream but ever since I killed my family in a house fire a month back, every night I was greeted by another terrifying dream that I couldn't remember by the time morning came.



Submitted December 02, 2017 at 12:20AM by kiddobucky http://ift.tt/2i7KNfG nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment