Friday, December 1, 2017

8 months pregnant and struggling Assistance

We are due with our first son in January, and I am so excited! The past few months have been full of challenges for us, though, and I'm finding myself in a really tight spot.

I was let go from my job in August because I brought up a sexual harassment claim against a franchise owner and he chose to filed for bankruptcy and close the chapter I worked for. I have since been freelancing (digital marketing, strategy, etc) but it's hard to find long-term gigs knowing I will have to take off for maternity leave. I am planning to work up until the day I give birth if I can keep finding short-term projects. I currently use r/forhire, UpWork, InDeed, LinkedIn, and CL to look for potential openings and apply to a dozen a day, at least.

I'm writing this post because I've hit rock bottom. I have $13 in the checking account after borrowing from a friend because I over-drafted paying my electricity and internet bills (which I need to be able to work). I also have nothing left in the refrigerator (that isn't expired or expiring today) except two blocks of cheese, half a carton of orange juice, and a single container of yogurt. I'm hesitant to eat anything past its date because of the pregnancy and the complications I have had so far.

I am hoping someone will be able to help us with groceries out of the kindness of their heart. I live in NC, and the closest two grocery stores to me would be Publix or Harris Teeter (both about 10 minutes away). I don't know what the usual protocol is for something like this...but I am open to suggestions or any ideas you may have.

I have exhausted all local resources, because our income is too high to qualify for food pantry or other assistance, and due to the time of year the food pantries are all empty or have a long waiting list for access.



Submitted December 01, 2017 at 09:17PM by greeneyedgeminigirl http://ift.tt/2AvUwaJ Assistance

No comments:

Post a Comment