Saturday, May 27, 2017

Summer dorm cooking challenge Cooking

Hello folks,

Over the summer, I'm playing in a music festival in central Ohio where I will live in a college dorm. I also did this last summer and got along well with a single-burner hotplate and a simple rice cooker. I'm taking the same appliances back with me this year and am looking for ideas of what to cook.

My go-to's are pan-fried meat (or canned fish, beans, etc.) and rice, but I'm looking for something a bit more gourmet for this year. I will also have a (very) small refrigerator to keep ingredients or leftovers). There is also no A/C in the dorms, so stews and soups are less-desirable. I also have a couple of communal dorm ovens available.

What are some recipes/general food ideas that I can use to satiate my palate through the summer? Bonus if they're low or limited carb dishes.



Submitted May 28, 2017 at 01:36AM by dmorton215 http://ift.tt/2rsRzUa Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment