Friday, May 26, 2017

Advice on Refrigerator DIY 5 stage water filter system HomeImprovement

Don't want RO and the waste water it creates.

Saw a setup on Youtube where the guy uses 5 different filters...

TL;DR Video suggests 5 stage filter - 1X 1 micron sediment, 1X 1 Micron Absolute pleated, 2X Carbon Block and 1X 1 micron Ceramic block.

There is also a total of 4 ppm of Flouride (2 natural and 2 added) I think I know how to read the report(?), those values are in the MCL column of the report, which I take to mean "Maximum Contaminant Level", which I would also like to reduce and I think this setup does that.

I'm on a city water system and as suggested in the video, to reduce or remove Chlorine and many of it's harmful byproducts I'm thinking I'd go 1X KDF-55 in a refillable cartridge and 1X Carbon block, instead of 2 Carbon blocks. Opinions on this setup please?

The filter canisters he uses (from an aquarium supplier) use 1/4 inch fittings/tubes etc., That supplier also has 1/2 inch canisters, I would obviously have to adapt those to the 1/2 size of the canisters. The video shows lots of flow, so to me, it suggests 1/4 inch size supplies enough flow for a refrigerator water system, does that seem right? This system would use max about 10 feet of 1/4 tubing (distance is closer but slack is needed for rolling out the refrigerator).



Submitted May 27, 2017 at 07:58AM by rockker60 http://ift.tt/2s0E6zN HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment