Saturday, May 27, 2017

Making a minimalist list of groceries vegan

Soon, I will possibly sharing a refrigerator/freezer with 4-5 other people and only be grocery shopping every 2 weeks or so, carrying everything uphill about half a mile from a bustop. Of course, this is a worse-case senario if I get really busy or lazy. I will try to go grocery shopping more often if possible.

I want to stay plant-based with mostly whole foods, but vegetables only last around a week at most and are not very calorically dense. I made a list of what I feel are sufficient as staples for this type of diet and take up as little space as possible, but would love suggestions for things to add or substitute:

http://ift.tt/2r8BkdM

For instance, the reason the only "nuts" listed are peanuts is because they're highest in protein. I've also found carrots last longer in the fridge than most vegetables, and dried beans take up less space than canned.



Submitted May 27, 2017 at 05:54PM by talkingdug http://ift.tt/2s7d2yc vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment