Friday, May 26, 2017

Refrigerator configuration I have never seen before Appliances

It has a plastic water pan above the compressor that had water in it after about 5 days of use. The only visible coils on the outside is a small bundle that is also in what appears to be a water pan to the right of the compressor. It appears that water from the frost-free system is supposed to fill the pan above the compressor and overflow to the pan with the coils in it. I am not sure if this is to aid cooling or just to evaporate the water.

http://ift.tt/2rZbOpo

None of this is explained in the manual at all, so I can't be sure my assumptions are correct. Has anyone had experience with this type of refrigerator system before?

I am skeptical about this refrigerator because the installation instructions in the manual specify that it needs 7.87 inches of clearance on the sides and from the wall and has FREESTANDING ONLY printed in big letters under the refrigerant instructions on the back. I assume it wants all that space because the coils are in the sides of the refrigerator.

The appliance guy at Best Buy kinda scoffed at the manual and told me 3 inches would be fine, but he has a vested interest in me keeping it.



Submitted May 27, 2017 at 01:16AM by Xaukael http://ift.tt/2rpKTGb Appliances

No comments:

Post a Comment