Friday, May 26, 2017

Apartment Scam in Minneapolis Scams

Hi all,

I am posting this because today I was scammed trying to secure an apartment in Minneapolis. I feel like an idiot because I ignored many red flags due to being in a state of desperation to find housing. I am hoping to find some solace in informing others.

I found the apartment on apartments.com at the location 201 S 2nd Ave in Minneapolis. I inquired and received the email below. After emailing back and forth, I paid a security deposit. After this he requested two months rent upfront, and I decided to dig a little deeper, which led me to this site, where the same email had been reported: http://ift.tt/2rpKBPI

I have reported the scam to proper authorities, including the Minneapolis police, the FTC, CPA, and Apartments.com. As much as I feel like a dipshit, I am happy it was a relatively small amount of money, I didn't share any private information, and learned a very valuable lesson.

Beware scams that begin with the following email:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my Property. I am the owner of the Property you are making inquiry of. The Property is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the Property. The property will be available for a period of 5 years or more. My Family and I just traveled to Nevada/USA for a program called Health Resources and Services Administration(HRSA), the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe, UK, USA where I and my family are currently located..Right now.

I'm in need of a good and responsible tenant that can move in into my property and take very good care and maintain it in my absence. We will be away for a while that is why we made up our mind to put it our for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this property and want you to treat it as your own.

AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fireplace, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer. Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas and Electricity.

The money is not the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as I always stand on my word.

Address: 901 S 2nd St UNIT 708,Minneapolis, MN 55415 Bedroom: 1 Bathrooms: 1 Rent: $570 Security Deposit: $570

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

RENT APPLICATION FORM.

FIRST NAME:________________ MIDDLE NAME: ________________ LAST NAME: _________________ PROFESSION: ________________ (CELL)PHONE ()_________ (CELL)PHONE () _____________________ (WORK)PHONE () __________ YOUR EMAIL: ____________________________ KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY _______ PRESENT ADDRESS: ____________________ CITY: ______________ STATE: _____________ ZIP CODE: _______________ HOW LONG? _________IF RENTING WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? IF THIS Home IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU, HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING?___________ WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________ MONTHLY INCOME: IF YOU HAVE A PET: NAME OF PET: _____________ KIND OF PETS: _____________ HABITS DO YOU SMOKE? ___________ DO YOU DRINK? ______________ DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____ YOUR PICTURE OR FAMILY PICTURE(IF ANY):could be attached with the application

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible. As i am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.

In case you see any aboard, they are the Realtor in charge of my house before I decided to take over by my self. I am no more working with them and don't bother to contact them because formerly i wanted to sell the property before me and my Lovely Family now decided to rent it out instead of selling it out.

Thanks for choosing my home and remain bless.

Best Regards



Submitted May 27, 2017 at 02:07AM by buckygonedun http://ift.tt/2s5ngyS Scams

No comments:

Post a Comment