Saturday, May 27, 2017

Cockroaches everywhere, animal neglect and abuse, and hoarding all at my parents, oh my hoarding

This is just an all-around awful experience for me. I have dealt with this my entire life, but I was hoping to escape this whole hoarding torture once I get out of college. I'm at my wit's end as my parents continue to ruin themselves, the condo, and my living space. I've lived the past three years in a clean college dorm, probably my finest living quarters consisting of nothing (serious, it's a load off my mind).

Both of my parents are compulsive hoarders. My dad is a lazy son of a bitch who does nothing. He's retired and all he does is sleep or drive off to drink with his friends. My mom works all day from 9am-9pm. She's a dear, but her tendencies to hoard hoard hoard is killing me. My mom packs shit in, and my dad would not let me throw them away. It's the dynamic duo of the hoarding world. My dad would make up the excuse that my mom would get mad at him if I throw away this useless clock that has no battery in it that they picked up for a dollar at Goodwill (the moment they discovered thrift stores, I discovered the next circle of hell). He does jack shit about this situation. My mom just keeps bringing in random shit like microwaves that we don't need (we have 3, 2 that are broken that they won't let me throw away).

The kitchen reeks. There's this lingering odor that kills my nostrils. Pots and pans everywhere with a shit ton of dry food that they don't use. The stove is packed with cooking sheets and baking utensils as another cabinet (the last stove broke because they turned on the oven accidentally and melted shit in the oven wow). The refrigerator is fucking atrocious. There's month old shit that still lingers in there. Ketchup packets older than the dogs are hoarded on the side racks. The freezer is stuffed with shit we don't even eat that probably came before my time. They only use the first 3 inches of each rack in the fridge and freezer. The rest is stuffed with food they don't use or spoiled food or rotten food.

The dining table would be nice had there not been fucking boxes everywhere with canned foods stored on the table and below the table. There are 4 seats, but the stuff surrounds everything on 3 sides so only 2 of the seats are usable. Of the full vast ocean that is the table, they only eat in a space limited to around a square foot. Holy shit, the rest of the table is filled with bags and utensils (we'll get back to this later) and condiments.

The living room is packed with useless junk ranging from boxes of clothes that they never need (but just in case when we do need it honestly!), copious amounts of chairs that we cannot even use because all of them are occupied by aforementioned junk (that they picked up in front of people houses that threw them away!), and even a random bunk bed in the middle of the living room (that they built to store extra junk on the top bed). They even included mattresses (just in case we have guests over to sleep in even though there's a bunch of boxes and bags full of junk piled everywhere). You can't even physically walk to the bunk bed in the living room because the junk is piled chest level.

The bathroom is a mess. It has a metal rack filled with beauty products that my parents only use two or three with. There's a small table space near the sink that's also filled with beauty products. My parents also hang these plastic sheets in the bathroom (we'll get to this in the dogs section).

The master room has a bathroom as well. The bath is filled ceiling high with random fucking boxes with shit in them as well. Can't even use the shitter because it's surrounded on two sides by junk in the front and to the left. There's water leaking from the ceiling fan that they neglect to fix as well. Oh, and the door can't be open all the way because the junk flows out of the bathroom and takes up half of the bathroom floor space.

The master bedroom is the unconquered Himalayas of clothes. It's so bad that my dad who suffers from asthma due to his addiction to smoking. There's only enough room for them to use their nightstand and sit in the bed. Everywhere else are mountains of clothing. The faster it kills him, the better. They also love love love buying shitty laptops on sale on black friday, so their bed looks like a scene out of the matrix with a bunch of simultaneously shitty running laptops that they don't need.

We also have a basement storage! That's also filled to the brim with junk we don't need. We can't even open the door because something probably fell on the door, hahahahaha please end me.

My room is the only oasis in this whole mess, but they decided to purchase a king size bed for me and threw away my twin bed for some fucking reason while I was away for college. Now my chair is wedged between my desk and the bed, so I have to roll onto my bed from my chair and jump down to the floor to get out of my room. Great. They even installed a random metal rack to set up more of their junk in my room while I was away at college. Oh, and they let the dogs run amock in my room, and they peed under my bed so it reeks of dog piss now. I can't even reach the bottom to clean it right now because I have no way to properly prop up the bed currently.

Now, onto the cockroach problem! Ever since I've been away for college, German cockroaches decided to settle in my place. My parents hoarding behavior provided the perfect environment for this problem to grow into an infestation. Earlier this morning, I already killed 8 roaches on my desk (that is filled with my dad's obsession with buying random shit like a cat toy for babies or a deer head mount wtf). Cockroaches falling from the ceiling, cockroaches squirming in the drying rack on the plates and bowls (I eat out, I don't even eat their food), cockroaches in all corners of the room, cockroaches in the fridge, cockroaches in the microwave, cockroaches everywhere. Oh, and every ceiling corner is occupied by spider(s) that eat the roaches. I can't treat the place with boric acid because my parents shit is everywhere where I can't even throw the shit down.

Finally, on the tragic part. My parents thought it would be a great idea to comfort them while I was away for college by acquiring themselves a dog. So, they went on craigslist and bought themselves an unspayed, UNVACCINATED dog. Oh, and the count of cockroaches killed went up to 9 now. When I get back after 3 years, the dog still isn't vaccinated and they won't let me take it to the vet. It is untrained, has pulling issues, food protection issues, barking issues, and isolation issues. They also got another dog from a relative that couldn't take care of it. This one, an unneutered, UNVACCINATED dog. Both without fucking papers because "oh it's too expensive to go to the vet". FUCKING THEN WHY BUY A FUCKING DOG that you'd neglect and abuse! OH, IT'S FUN ISN'T IT?! ANIMAL ABUSE HAHAHA look jenny look at our abused dog! Oh fucking boy it's great. These poor animals haven't been bathed for weeks, and their nails haven't been trimmed ever. My parents don't let them out for walks until I come back so they piss and shit all over the floor, sometimes on the junk. A dumbfounded solution my great parents came up is to put plastic sheets on the floor. Doesn't help that the hardwood floor is coming apart and the house now smells peptually of dog piss.

I don't know what to do. I'm home for the summer and then I'm back to college for senior year before I am getting away from this mess. But, being back from 3 years and seeing all this shit come apart is driving my insane on my week back. I need help, please. It's a condo unit that they own, but they treat it like a third world country



Submitted May 28, 2017 at 03:30AM by Extemporaneouse http://ift.tt/2s8iFfu hoarding

No comments:

Post a Comment