Friday, May 26, 2017

[California] Landlord didn't return security deposit legaladvice

My landlord recently sent me a letter indicating that they would not be returning my security deposit for the apartment that I had lived in for nearly 5 years, due to "many issues," including: Not leaving the apartment with the refrigerator that I bought, paint and flooring replacement, additional garbage pick-ups for trash that we put into the dumpster, cleaning fee, and some other miscellaneous things.

I requested a pre-inspection twice, and never received it. I did what I could before I left, but I'm sure there are a couple things I missed. I'm not perfect, and I expected some things to come off, but not getting a security deposit was a bit shocking to me.

Are there any resources available to see what course of action I can take?



Submitted May 27, 2017 at 12:07AM by Boodashus05 http://ift.tt/2rpIKKB legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment