Saturday, May 27, 2017

Advice on doing a "long ferment"? Sourdough

I usually make break on weekends when I'm pressed for time and there's a million things going on, and the dough only rises for about four hours or so before baking--just enough time for a first rise, shaping, and a second rise. This is for a single boule sourdough recipe that uses half a teaspoon of instant yeast to help it along, in case that matters.

This being a 3-day weekend, I thought I'd get some started now and let it do the whole "long ferment" thing I see you all talking about all the time, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it.

Does that mean just leave the dough covered in the refrigerator for a day or so? When it comes out of the fridge, do I need to do anything differently regarding shaping and/or a second rise?

Thanks!



Submitted May 28, 2017 at 04:13AM by p2p_editor http://ift.tt/2r889Wh Sourdough

No comments:

Post a Comment