Sunday, May 28, 2017

The refrigerator in your room is NOT the same as the one you have at home. TalesFromTheFrontDesk

For some reason, guests seem to think that the refrigerators they have in their rooms will behave in the exact same way as the ones they have at home... in other words, they'll keep things SUPER ice cold. They won't. Case in point:

Guest calls down to the front desk:

Guest: "Hi! My refrigerator's not working. I put some ice in there a while ago, and now it's all melted!"

(Yes!!! This guest seriously thought his refrigerator could do that. I know of NO fridge that can. But I digress...)

Me: "Oh!(?) I'm so sorry to hear that! I do want to make you aware though, that the refrigerators we have in the rooms aren't designed the same way as at home. They're actually coolers, to keep drinks and similar items cold."

Guest: "So, you mean there's not even any electricity going into them?!"

Me: (sigh) "No sir, it's just that they don't cool in the same manner as at home. So unfortunately, it won't be able to store ice. (You can verify it is on by touching the rear on the inside). However, if you'd like, we'd be more than happy to store any ice you have in our freezer downstairs." (Or better yet, you can walk your lazy self to the ice machine RIGHT DOWN THE HALL from you)

Guest: "I've... I've never heard of this! I've stayed at all these hotels, and (I'll spare you the predictable rant)." Click!

Seriously, though?! Ice in a fridge? I, too, am sorry that our management company is so cheap to install these things (they really do suck), but... come on, man.



Submitted May 28, 2017 at 09:47PM by adam6294 http://ift.tt/2ruXqII TalesFromTheFrontDesk

No comments:

Post a Comment