Monday, May 29, 2017

Can I get a critique of my solar/electric setup plan? vandwellers

I am planning out a van conversion that I hope to start late this summer/early fall and I am fairly confused about the electricity part. If someone could critique my planned setup and give me input that would be great!

Description
My solar/electric setup will be based around a Goal Zero platform that uses three 100w Goal Zero Boulder panels and a Goal Zero Yeti 3000 Lithium generator. I would like to have a 12v fuse box running from the Yeti 3000 12v Anderson Powerpole output, which will power a 61 Liter Dometic Refridgerator, a Maxxair 5100k Fan, an Espar D2 Heater, a 12v water pump, and six led puck lights. I will use the Yeti 3000 AC and USB outlets to power other things like laptops and cameras.

Rough Sketch
Here is a sketch of my plans

Other Questions
1. How does grounding work? Do I need to ground everything that draws power?
2. What gauge wire should I use to connect the 12v appliances to the fusebox and the fuse box to the Yeti 3000?
3. How does constructing the connecting wires work? Is there a good resource for this?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Formatting



Submitted May 30, 2017 at 02:59AM by mart_man800 http://ift.tt/2rP4fob vandwellers

No comments:

Post a Comment