Sunday, May 28, 2017

strange goings-on in an old farmhouse Paranormal

First off, I apologize for being long winded, I just tend to be detailed. Second, I want to clarify that this isn't my first rodeo with the paranormal, but my fiancee is definitely more skeptical. Me and my fiancee live on ~50 acres in a 2 bedroom wood frame house. Best guess, the house is around 70 or 80 years old, but no one seems to know for sure because the house was supposedly moved here several decades ago. We've lived here a little over a year, and there's been a few unusual happenings in that time. May as well start at the beginning.. When I first looked at the place, it wasn't exactly my dream home, but it would work for us. I moved in first, last spring. I started a new job literally the same week that I was moving in, so I'd move things in the evenings but there wasn't much unpacking getting done. Basically, there ended up being boxes of stuff piled up in the living room, which I planned on sorting over the weekend. My 2nd or 3rd day there, I get home and find some things moved around. Mind you, I'm exhausted so I thought I was imagining things, but there were some papers and a magazine that were definitely moved around, and the magazine flipped over. I brushed it off as nothing. Something else that I'd noticed early on was that the front room, which was originally the porch, had a weird smell and a heavy feeling in the air. I tried to chalk it up as maybe a dead possum under the floor causing the smell, and the heavy feeling just my imagination. Whatever.. fast forward a few weeks.. My mom comes over to see the new house. She likes the house etc., but then I tell her "hey come check out this front room and tell me what you think". I didn't tell her anything about it. We walk in and close what used to be the front door behind us. I say nothing while we stand there for a minute. The expression on my mom's face changes and she asks if my dog has been in there. Yes, she's been in there, no nothing unusual. Mind you, my mom is slightly religious but not particularly superstitious but she gets a funny feeling. She's tells me to hang up some crosses, get the house blessed, etc. I didn't. Fast forward a few weeks. Besides a few glimpses out the corner of my eye and some creaky floorboards, nothing concrete. Whatever.. my fiancee moves in. I didn't really tell her that there was anything funny going on, things had been quiet anyway. It picked back up a month later. Woke up one morning and found a loaf of bread on the floor in the kitchen. We kept the bread on top of the refrigerator. No, we don't have an inside cat. Don't know how it fell, but I put it back. Went to work and did my thing. Fiancee texts me and asks if the bread was on the floor. Yes, why? Cause it's on the floor again. Oh... later on that afternoon I get a text and a call from her at the same time. Over the phone she says look at the picture, it's of the bread on the floor. She said she was doing dishes and heard something moving. She turned around in time to catch it rolling across the floor.
About 2 nights later, we were laying in bed, watching TV and we heard a loud bang in the kitchen. We went to investigate. Looked around the room, all cabinet doors closed, chairs at their respective positions around the table. I go to the sink, standing there staring out the window, trying to justify what we heard. I look down into the sink and find a single plate, broken in two. Nothing fell on it, and it couldn't have fallen from anywhere. I set it there after supper, rinsed it off, and it was in one piece last I saw it. Around that same time, I noticed that my fiancee's contact case was always left at the edge of the sink. This wouldn't be a problem except we have this tiny little pedestal sink, meaning there's not much real estate. I don't say anything about it though. But after a few nights of this she says "hey thanks for putting my case out every night, that's really sweet". I tell her no, I haven't been putting it out. Strangely enough, "they" only did it once more after that. Another night I went to the take a leak. Didn't turn the light on. Standing there doing my business, clear as day, I hear a loud whisper in my ear. "Hey!" I went to bed without saying anything about it. Besides that distinct stuff, there's been the usual creaks, occasional out the corner of your eye type things. Until the other night. I was working late and texted and asked where I was. Apparently right after that, she heard, clear as day, a man say "hey" and she felt someone poke her in the shoulder. Later that night after I got home we both saw, on separate occasions, streaks of light in the hallway.
It's been quite this weekend, but I've got a feeling it's picking back up again. Any thoughts?



Submitted May 29, 2017 at 12:00AM by Ihatelaramie http://ift.tt/2sb7D9c Paranormal

No comments:

Post a Comment