Monday, May 29, 2017

Dometic RM2804 Operation Help Please GoRVing

I need some help with the operation of a Dometic RM2804 refrigerator in our newly acquired '92 Pace arrow. We've only had it a few weeks and I'm confusing myself.

I understand that when I'm on shore power, the fridge is operating off of 110VAC. It gets plenty cold. I have not been able to run it for any length of time on propane, due to a leak in the propane system I am having trouble tracking down, BUT I know it works on propane.

My question is regarding 12V operation. When I'm driving, I know it isn't running on 110VAC. When I start the engine and drive, is it running on 12VDC? I know when I stop, it should switch over to propane automatically (if I didn't have a leak), or to shore power.

Do I have that right? Is there anything I have to do to make it switch from 110VAC to 12VDC while driving? Or, is it even operating on 12VDC, and I have mis-remembered something?



Submitted May 29, 2017 at 10:44PM by johnnypaper http://ift.tt/2rOpyWO GoRVing

No comments:

Post a Comment