Saturday, December 2, 2017

Please advice me on what I could do in my situation. I want to avoid being sent to collections. legaladvice

I (53f) need to break a lease I signed on a 2,400 sq feet mobile home which expires next June 2018. I feel the landlord broke the lease early on by doing or rather/failing to do a number of things since we signed it. I'm also in negotiations to purchase a new home which may close next week. My friend doesn't want me to disclose my purchase for fear of retaliation from the landlord. He doesn't even want me to disclose the home purchase to my attorney. I am medically disabled on a disabled income from social security and clearly can't afford two mortgages. The purchase of this home will cut my total expenses by two thirds. Renting is doable but not sustainable in the long run. Hence, the home purchase.

The reasons the landlord failed me are: 1. Hot water heater is damaged and red tagged by the gas company and goes out constantly. 2. Siding is stripped away/damaged and feral cats are living under the mobile home. Never-ending stink and yowling, poop in the yard. Easily a neighborhood feral cat community of 10+ felines. 3. Rubble in the front yard is still not removed denying me use of the space. 4. Fence not repaired/damaged, reducing security. 5. Ceiling in master bedroom broken in August. Told it would not be repaired. 100+ degree summer temperatures. Mobile home. 6. I'm stuck in a war between the landlord and my neighbor. The neighbor claims to have the title and keys to the home I'm renting. The neighbor has said he will kill the landlord and greeted me with a rifle. 7. The refrigerator broke in the middle of summer. It took the landlord four days to replace it. I lost a refrigerator and freezer full of food. The refrigerator was replaced with a lesser model. (I rented a home with a fan in the master bedroom and a fridge with water and ice dispenser) Now those things are gone and I'm still paying a higher rent.

I phoned the local Bar Association and made an appointment with an attorney referred by them. What should I tell and ask the lawyer? I've had very bad luck with attorneys I had to deal with in the last year. One was completely incompetent about my particular situation and lost my case. $180k loss. He was also buddy buddy with the opposing attorney, going to lunch together, etc. The other bad experience was an attorney who was a total sheister who told my sister to lie to both the police and CPS. Then, phoned me, and told me my sister would probably get deported and lose her son and it was all my fault. He's taken 6,000+ from my sister so far. Probably more like 10,000+. The 6k was just to retain him.

Anyhow. I need your advice and opinions please. Thank you for reading.

Edit1. I tried to read the links from the bot but the legalese is hard to understand for me. Comprehension problems are part of my disability. FYI. Edit 2. I don't understand how to put the location.



Submitted December 03, 2017 at 09:32AM by puggymomma http://ift.tt/2zYUcl4 legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment