Sunday, December 3, 2017

Ns and Food raisedbynarcissists

I seriously can't stop rolling my eyes at this.

(TL;DR version: If you're the kind of person who reacts like a little kid to food odors, then congratulations! You might be a melodramatic N. Like my mother.)

So last night, I went to a Christmas party. The hosts had a ton of extra food left at the end of the evening, so I took a plate home with me that I loaded up with delicious things.

Mother spotted the double-foiled plate in the fridge, and asked me this morning what it was. I told her, and immediately she told me to get it all into other containers because it was 'stinking up her refrigerator'. The funny thing is, I opened the fridge to get some milk, expecting to be hit by a wave of reeking garlic and other strong odors...only to find a slight smell from that aforementioned plate.

So I decide to put my leftovers into a couple containers for later. (Hey, I have lunch for work for a few days!) As I'm doing so, I'm trying to portion out some vegetarian alfredo I nabbed so I can nibble on it for lunch. Immediately, Mom starts in on food police mode, telling me I 'don't need to eat all that', I 'only need a quarter of that', if I ate all of it, I wouldn't get any dinner, blah blah, etc. Never mind there wasn't much of it to begin with, I apparently needed less.

So I take a portion (smaller than I wanted, bigger than she wanted), put away the rest of the food, reheat my portion and sit down to eat. Mom went outside to do yardwork, and as soon as she came back in, she exclaimed 'Oh My God', like it was some serious problem and not just a bit of seasoned, reheated alfredo creating an odor. And I was apparently not supposed to just toss the paper plate once I was done; I had to rinse it off and take it to the outside trash can so it wouldn't 'stink up her whole kitchen'. Again, keep in mind there is barely an odor from this small amount of food, plus we have windows and doors open for ventilation.

(Side-note: Does anyone else really hate people who make a huge fuss over food odors? Like, I hate sauerkraut. The smell is awful, the taste is worse to me. But I won't sit there and make a huge issue out of smelling it, I just deal with it until it dissipates. Apparently, Mom's too good to do that.)



Submitted December 04, 2017 at 01:54AM by RogueLadyCerulean http://ift.tt/2BG9DvO raisedbynarcissists

No comments:

Post a Comment