Wednesday, July 1, 2015

[Serious] Midway through SBI (MasterCard SecureCode) Helpline, I get transferred to SAMSUNG Service Center!! india

I had some problems with a SBI Debit Card(MasterCard). I called up the Helpline number 1800112211 given here.

I entered the 16-digit ATM Card No. and to further verify my identity, I entered my ATM PIN number.

For Account related services, I hit 1. My call was transferred to a Support Executive. In 10-15 seconds of talking to her, my phone goes silent...no sound at all. The display shows call is not dropped yet, so I move to another room....just in case....

The sound comes back. Its an IVRS record, going "Welcome to Samsung Customer Support"...I don't remember the exact words.

Anyway the menu options here was 1- Mobiles/Smartphones 2-Refrigerators,....

I pressed 1, to get anyone to try and make me understand how in the blazes was my call transferred to Samsung while I was talking to SBI.

A guy picked up and I said," I don't know how, but believe me 10-15 seconds ago I was in a call with SBI... State Bank of India ---"

That's it. The call ends.

I don't know what I'll do next. If I go to my home branch, the CRO(Customer Support Officer) will probably laugh at me. But believe me guys, this happened and I'm scared. I sent my ATM card and PIN over what seems to be a completely insecure connection.

How did this happen? Who is responsible?

Isn't there a secure version for bank phone calls, like there's https for websites?

I'm probably gonna stay away from SBI phone banking and actually there have been a lot of problems with SBI too... Thinking about changing to another bank. Any ideas?



Submitted July 01, 2015 at 01:23PM by Ativerc http://ift.tt/1GYsGP3 india

No comments:

Post a Comment