Thursday, July 30, 2015

"Can you help me with this?" TheRedPill

Summary:

It’s not until you swallow the pill that you realise how it is just expected that you will serve women, even those who are complete strangers, with no benefit to yourself.

Content:

I’m 6’1 and I lift. So I’m above average in height, and I have a reasonably athletic build. The other day, I was in the supermarket shopping for groceries when I hear a woman behind me say “excuse me…”. I turn around and there’s a sloppily dressed middle aged unattractive post-wall woman standing there looking at me with half a smile on her face. She seemed nice enough so I smiled back and said “whats up?”.

“Can you get this for me? I can’t reach it”.

Turns out that about 5’4, she was too short to reach the frozen vegetables at the top of the refrigerator.

“You’re nice and tall – would you mind?”

Though I consider myself pretty ruthless in terms of not giving away value to women without any personal gain, I don’t have that big of a problem with taking 5 seconds out of my trip to the supermarket to help some short-ass broad get her veggies. So I got the spinach from the top shelf and handed it to her.

She shot me another half-smile and said “That’s great, thank you!”, then she was gone.

On another occasion, I was taking the train home for my usual commute, reading something on my phone and minding my business. I happened to be standing by the door and just like in the supermarket, I hear a woman’s voice “excuse me…” – this time it turned out that some woman needed a hand getting her trolley-bag full of groceries over the gap between the train and the platform. Again, it took me 2 seconds, and the bag wasn’t heavy. No big deal.

These kinds of things happen to me all the time. I get things down from high shelves, I carry baby-strollers up the stairs, I lift suitcases over gaps and I give up my seat on the bus. You might think that I’m going to launch into some angsty rant about how I’m going to stop doing all these things, and fuck social expectations, and fuck women and how they use me – but I’m not going to do that. Truth be told, these things don’t bother me that much. They only take seconds out of my day, and the level of effort involved isn’t that great.

The reason I’m writing this post is because I never really thought too much about these situations when I was still BP. But after taking TRP, I began to wonder.. what would happen if each time a woman wanted me to do something for her, I said no? Surely, as an autonomous, free human, I have the right to refuse any request that is made of me that is not backed by the rule of law – right?

Imagine this scenario. Me, an athletic 6’1, is standing on the train commuting home, minding my own business. A 5’4 chubby middle aged woman with a trolley-bag full of groceries says “excuse me…” and asks me to carry her groceries across the gap between the train and the platform. I turn to her with a polite smile, and gently say “I’m very sorry ma’am, but I don’t want to help you with that” then go back to my reading.

Can you even imagine? I can tell you what would happen – a fucking shitstorm. Every person in the train carriage who heard this exchange (remember – it’s the peak hour commute) would be outraged and immediately jump all over my nuts. The woman’s polite smile would turn to a scowl of disgust. The white knights would flock – shaming me for my rudeness. “It’s not an unreasonable request”, “Don’t be so fucking selfish”, “God forbid you ever need help”.

The key points here are as follows.

  1. As a man, you are expected to provide value to society without any benefit to yourself. If you don’t you will be mercilessly shamed, mocked and derided;

  2. A woman, simply by virtue of having a vagina, can expect to call upon any man she chooses to help or assist her with just about anything, in the knowledge that should a man refuse to help her he will be socially crucified; and finally

  3. You don’t have a choice and you can’t say no. Your choice is essentially do the woman’s bidding, or suffer a torrent of abuse.

  4. This is part of what is called the “social contract” – but strangely, this social contract really only serves to benefit women.

The way a woman uses my height or my strength to make up for her lack of these things is no different to how a woman uses a BB for his money or an AF for his sexual prowess. Want cash? Use a BB. Want a pounding? Use an AF. Can’t reach the veggies? Use a tall dude. Can’t lift your groceries? Use a lifter. She needs, so she uses. “What man can I use to fulfil my current need?”. Once her needs are fulfilled, you’re done. I’ll never see any of these women again, and all I get is a half-assed meaningless “thank you”.

In addition, no thought is put into how the woman got herself into a situation where she needs to ask for help in the first place, and that perhaps it might be worth thinking about how to avoid getting into this situation in future. What kind of a plan is it to get on the train with a bag of groceries that is too heavy for you to lift in the first place?

Before TRP, I used to do these things for women because I just thought it was nice to be nice, and hey, it’s no big deal. These days, it’s still no big deal and I still do these things, but the reason WHY I do them has changed. These days, I do these things because I’d rather help some woman with whatever it was she needed than suffer a complete shitstorm of abuse for refusing.

Lessons learned:

  1. As a man, you are expected to provide value to society without any benefit to yourself. If you don’t you will be mercilessly shamed, mocked and derided;

  2. A woman, simply by virtue of having a vagina, can expect to call upon any man she chooses to help or assist her with just about anything, in the knowledge that should a man refuse to help her he will be socially crucified; and finally

  3. You don’t have a choice and you can’t say no. Your choice is essentially do the woman’s bidding, or suffer a torrent of abuse.



Submitted July 31, 2015 at 06:43AM by thereticle http://ift.tt/1h9nRKB TheRedPill

No comments:

Post a Comment