Sunday, July 26, 2015

How can I salvage hard-cooked eggs that didn't get completely done? AskCulinary

So I was trying to make deviled eggs for a reunion, and stupidly decided that just winging it like I have for decades wasn't good enough: I was going to make perfect hard-cooked eggs. After an hour of research, I decided to believe a former line cook who claimed he'd tested his method on 6,000 eggs, and dutifully cooked my (now hideously expensive) eggs in small batches, shocked them and left them to sit in cold water in the refrigerator overnight. Not only did they not peel easily, they're not done in the middle.

My siblings claim we'll all die if we eat these in any form. I don't believe that, but also don't know what can be done with them. Is there a way for finish cooking them? Is it safe to make egg salad with them? Would they make the cat sick?



Submitted July 26, 2015 at 09:42PM by AngelaMotorman http://ift.tt/1CZqBnN AskCulinary

No comments:

Post a Comment