Monday, July 27, 2015

Basement unit without kitchen: rent to a normal tenant vs. AirBnB? Pros and cons... RealEstate

I have just bought a house that is a 15-minute drive from the center of Portland, Oregon, and an 8-minute drive from the airport. It's a pretty little craftsman in a working-class family neighborhood - no sidewalks, lots of kids run around playing in the street, everyone knows everyone.

There is a basement unit with a private entrance. My washer and dryer will be downstairs in the unit. I will be installing a small refrigerator and a kettle & microwave to make a kitchenette-type thing.

I would like to take some cash off my monthly payment, and am willing to do a little work to do so.

I had been planning on furnishing the unit and renting it out on AirBnB, but I am concerned about bringing lots of new people into the neighborhood - like I said, kids play in the street here. I don't want to become the neighborhood menace that brings a bunch of weird tourists to the block.

But then, I could potentially pay for my house payment with AirBnB.

If I do AirBnB, I'll need to furnish the unit.

What would you do in this situation?



Submitted July 28, 2015 at 02:13AM by MissPredicament http://ift.tt/1KumrUz RealEstate

No comments:

Post a Comment