Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Apartment lease may/may not include central air (Wisconsin) legaladvice

So, I've just moved into an apartment in Wisconsin. The advertisements for the unit did not specify air conditioning or not, but there is a machine for each unit hooked up to the central temperature control.

This month has been an absolute scorcher, with temperatures reaching 85-90 in the afternoon, so of course I've been using it.

However, it struck me that during his visit a week after I moved in, the landlord said something about the AC "not being a part of what we agreed on". Looking back on the lease, the only relevant section I can find is the following:

UTILITY PROVISIONS: Lessor shall furnish to Lessee STOVE/REFRIGERATOR and _____ There is/There is not central air conditioning in the unit) .Lessee shall be required to pay its own utilities and Provide window air conditioning at the tenant cost.

On the line, the landlord put "None". I do not know if this refers to the AC or possibly other provisions, as they did not cross out the "There is" section of that line.

I'm just trying to figure out what the worse that can happen is, and what is enforceable from the lease.



Submitted July 29, 2015 at 08:06AM by batork http://ift.tt/1U5mevJ legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment