Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Troubleshooting a refrigerator Inverter Board DIY

My fridge stopped cooling, and the troubleshooting videos I watched led me to the inverter board (it's a GE bottom-freezer bought in 2007). Just for context, the evaporator fan turned on, but the compressor did not. I replaced the board and lo and behold, the fridge started cooling again.

However, when my wife and I moved the fridge to its final destination, neither the evaporator fan nor the compressor turned on. We didn't do anything apart from securing the inverter board and moving the fridge.

We were tinkering around with components and at some point both the evaporator fan and the compressor clicked on. Not wanting to disturb anything, we sprinted away from the fridge, and have gingerly been adding food into it.

My question is, what should I check to make sure that the fridge stays on reliably? All the connections to the inverter board look secure, so I can't really figure out what's happening.

Thanks in advance!



Submitted January 04, 2017 at 12:37AM by cmaronchick http://ift.tt/2iwj3mC DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment