Friday, April 22, 2016

off topic but MIL visit BabyBumps

My MIL is arriving Saturday evening and staying until Wednesday. I like her, but we don't speak the same language. We get by at about a low intermediate level of speaking one another's languages.

The problem is I am a huge introvert and I don't like having my space invaded for so long. I don't work, so I can't escape. Husband will be working during the week, so Monday and Tuesday will just be mom and me. We live in a really small town where there is nothing to do, and neither of us will have a car or be able to drive. We can, however, take the train. But still, I don't know what to do with her all day.

I am really really really shy. I don't know what we will talk about the whole time. The thought of it is giving me major anxiety.

And just culturally, I can rest assured that my housekeeping skills will probably be criticised. I am not a good housekeeper and I don't try to be. She comes from a culture where women wash the cupboards every Friday and clean the windows regularly. I clean my refrigerator out when it starts to stink about twice a year. I never wash the cupboards or clean the windows. I did go around and tidy up yesterday and clean all the floors though.

I am so nervous. Please tell me I will survive.



Submitted April 22, 2016 at 08:48PM by jesmonster2 http://ift.tt/1r4oz0v BabyBumps

No comments:

Post a Comment