Thursday, September 24, 2015

Re-using Freezer Bags food

I'm currently debating this with the SO....Is it safe to re-use freezer bags for marinading steaks? I bought a steak last Sunday. I put it in a freezer bag with my favorite marinade in the refrigerator for about eight hours. When I was done marinading the steak I put the bag, with the little bit of marinade left, into the freezer. If I bought a steak tomorrow, put more marinade and a steak in the freezer bag, and then let it marinade in the refrigerator for 8 hours would it be ok or would there be a risk of food poisoning?

I haven't re-used the bag yet and I am just wondering if it's safe. The marinade is mostly red wine vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and garlic if that makes any difference.

What are your thoughts?



Submitted September 25, 2015 at 08:06AM by AwesomeBabyArm http://ift.tt/1L9LdgA food

No comments:

Post a Comment