Monday, September 28, 2015

Maytag Refrigerator Evap Fan Not Working fixit

Hey all, I have a Maytag msd2651heb side by side, and we noticed last Friday that it wasn't as cold as it should be. Our initial thought was the fan wasn't working because the bottom of the fridge and freezer are super cold but it's not coming up to the top. Before even taking out the panel in the freezer we noticed ice frozen by the vents at the bottom. So we took all our stuff out and thawed it out for a couple of hours. Then it still wasn't cooling so we finally opened it up, and saw that the fan really wasn't working. My mom wants to buy a new motor but I suspect it's something else since the evap coils seem to freeze up within hours of turning it on and doesn't seem to thaw out. I checked the voltage on the motor and wires and it's around 120. I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly but I also checked the ohms after unplugging it but cannot get a reading, it's just displays a reading similar to when it is not attached to something, around 1.0~ . So I'm not sure what's what. My initial guess is the adaptive defrost control is broken or something but I'm not sure how to go about checking it. I've googled it but everyone is pointing at different directions and I'm a noob when it comes to fixing appliances.



Submitted September 29, 2015 at 02:02AM by y3110w http://ift.tt/1Wu8BHw fixit

No comments:

Post a Comment