Tuesday, September 29, 2015

For business owners, what constitutes a service call? refrigeration

I called a local refrigerator repairman to take my air conditioner unit out to clean it or see if it could be repaired. No mention of a service charge was made before the call or at the time he was at my house.

He talked me into looking at a new unit as he said to repair it would cost almost as much as a new unit and I told him to call me with the exact price because he gave me a high estimate.

After thinking about it I called another company and they quoted me the same model and size for 900.00 dollars less.

When the first company called me I made an excuse not to purchase it for now. The service man told me well than that will be $65 plus tax and I will mail you a bill.

My question is since no service form was ever signed when he came to my home and he actually did nothing to the air-conditioner and he never once mentioned a service call before or during his visit does this constitute a service call?



Submitted September 30, 2015 at 12:59AM by zydel http://ift.tt/1O0chh5 refrigeration

No comments:

Post a Comment