Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Maytag Refrigerator no power to icemaker, tried everything but a service call. fixit

I hope you all can help me. I've tried about everything I know to fix my refrigerator to no avail. I have a Model-MSD265MHEB Maytag Refrigerator here is the problem:

My icemaker/water dispenser doesn't work. The ice maker doesn't work if the power to the water dispenser is off. It is my understanding that no power is supplied to the unit while the door is open. My first thought was it must be a switch issue because if I press down the switch and open the door halfway the water dispenser powers on.

I replaced the switch, no changes. Thinking the problem may be a short in the wiring I took off the hinge on top and checked all the wires. No open wires or anything. Then when I put it back together, it no longer worked even with the door halfway open.

My only idea at this point is that the wiring between the door and the icemaker must have a short in it. Since the wiring goes into the hole where the hinge is when the door opens and closes the wires turn and must be shorting out. There is no easy way to access these wires since they are inside the freezer door. I purchased epoxy and tried to rip off the plastic inside the freezer door and it's pretty well attached, not to mention I think the wires are actually behind a wall of insulation.

Not only do I really like cold water, I hate having so much of my freezer taken up by this non working contraption.

Any ideas?



Submitted September 30, 2015 at 01:43AM by Zebrasoma http://ift.tt/1GfggzX fixit

No comments:

Post a Comment