Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Grocery List Feedback Fitness

Hey /r/Fitness, I've recently been trying to clean up my diet, after a summer of stupidly following a "Keto" No carb, Hi Protein, Hi Fat, fad diet. Doing more research, I'm trying to simplify my diet and keep my shopping pretty fitness-minded. Below is a list o basically everything I buy and consume, I wanted to see if any seasoned veterans of clean eating see any major red flags with my pantry & refrigerator. For context, I'm a college student with a pretty packed schedule, so I try to buy things that will either freeze well, or have shelf lives that give me some time to bulk prepare things. I'm 6'2", 230 lbs, approx. 22% BF and trying to get that % down.

Carbs - Whole wheat bread (I try to get Ezekiel bread, but it is not in stock sometimes)

  • Whole wheat pasta

  • Black Beans

  • Baked Beans

  • Whole wheat flour tortillas

  • Quaker steel cut oats

  • Brown & Yellow rice

  • Red Delicious Apples

  • Bananas

  • Frozen Vegetables (Broccoli, Carrots, Peas, Corn)

  • Bell Peppers

  • Powdered Mashed Potatoes

  • Sweet Potatoes

  • Salads (Pre-packaged with my grocer, usually include lettuce, a bit of cheese, kale/spinach, some nuts, and about 1.5 tablespoons of vinaigrette for 4 servings)

Protein - Lean ground beef

  • Ground Turkey

  • Canned Tuna

  • Boneless, Skinless Chicken breasts

  • Frozen Tilapia fillets

  • frozen chicken tenderloins

  • Cottage Cheese (small curd, if that matters)

  • Regular-fat vanilla Greek Yogurt

  • Creamy peanut butter

  • Eggs

  • Unseasoned Turkey Bacon

  • Vacuum packaged lunch meat

Fat - Avocados

  • shredded cheddar & mozzarella
  • sour cream
  • Olive & Vegetable Oils
  • Unsalted almonds

Miscellaneous, Flavorings & Condiments - Ketchup

  • Mayonnaise
  • Agave Nectar
  • Stevia (for coffee)
  • Keurig K-Cups Flavored Coffee
  • Chocolate Syrup
  • Jarred Picante Salsa
  • Hot Sauce
  • Jarred Spaghetti Sauce
  • Pancake Mix

As far as supplements go, I take a daily multivitamin, preworkout for sluggish days before going to the gym, and 2 scoops of whey after workouts of MyProtein Impact Whey. I understand that the quality of my diet is going to be largely based on portion control and consistency, but for the most part my goal is to stay away from buying bags of chips and snacks that could mess me up.

tl;dr - This is my basic shopping list, How much do I suck?

edit - fucking hell, finally got the format down



Submitted September 30, 2015 at 08:16PM by Captainpotato22 http://ift.tt/1KLeVoT Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment