Monday, September 28, 2015

Won't break my $20? pettyrevenge

This happened about ten years ago, but I was recently reminded of it.

I owed a friend $5 or $10 and was headed by his house, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to repay him. As I was driving to his place, I realized I only had $20 bills and knew it was unlikely he had change for me, so I stopped into a local convenience store to make change.

Now, I'm pretty considerate when it comes to asking stores to make change. I know convenience stores don't like $20s, so I didn't even consider outright asking for change. I walked to the row of glass doored refrigerators in back and grabbed a Coke. I even reached into the back to get the coldest one since it was a scorching hot summer day.

I waited my turn in line, and handed the clerk the Coke. He scanned it and $1 and some change pops up on the screen. I open my wallet and pull out a $20. He asks, "got anything smaller?" I show him my wallet which has three other $20s inside, saying "no, sorry, I don't."

"Well, I've got too many $20s," (or something similar), he replies. I politely asked him again to make the sale as it was hot and I didn't have any smaller bills, getting nowhere.

I turn to leave and he says, "put that Coke back." No please, nothing. I continue walking out and reply, "no thanks," and leave.

Restock your own Coke, you miserable piece of shit.



Submitted September 28, 2015 at 11:04PM by mcdonaldstrump http://ift.tt/1KKUdSV pettyrevenge

No comments:

Post a Comment