Monday, September 28, 2015

My Cousin. Vampires. Dry and Clammy. nosleep

Showers don't seem to be as cleansing as they use to be. I scrub and scrub and try to wash off the memory but I still feel the dryness. The horrible, clammy dryness.

A bad memory is like a leech on the back of your head. Its teeth just sinks into your skin and you can feel it sucking a little bit of life out of you. Only, I can't just reach back and pluck it off. I have to go about my day, trying to focus as I feel it throbbing behind my head. I have to let this phantom leech take what's left of me.

To grow fat as I wither.

I've taken up drinking. I didn't use to, but I find it more of a necessity in my life every time I live through another sun-down. Scotch. That's my medicine. I like how it warms me up with every sip, like I'm putting another log in the fireplace. I can feel the flames spread through my chest and reach my cheeks.

I get drunk almost every night, now. I was drunk when I called the cops. I was drunk when my Aunt begged me not to press charges on my Cousin. I know I shouldn't be, but I'll probably be drunk when I go to court, too.

She was the one who set this whole thing into motion, my Aunt. She was the one who called me to go check up on her son. She was the one who begged me to go see if Ray was alright.

I was the one nice enough to go do it. I guess nice and dumb are pretty much the same nowadays. I drove four hours out of my way to go to Ray's house. Except, it wasn't going to be Ray's house. Not for long anyways. My Aunt told me he was living there until he had to leave. Apparently he was being evicted, which was the last thing he told her before going dark for a couple weeks. Hence why she asked me to go check on him.

His wife was the one who paid the bills. She left because he "wasn't the man she married, anymore". I remember driving up to the house and thinking how cozy and quaint it was. It was a sea-foam green on a couple acres of hilly land with a nice wooded area for a backyard.

It was nice to see Ray was doing good for himself, seeing as how I hadn't talked to him since high school. Too bad about the whole wife thing, though.

I walked up to the front door and the stairs moaned and hollered with every step. I gave a few gentle raps on the glass of the door and immediately heard panic on the other side of the door. Glass shattered, cursing ensued and wet crunches under footsteps played as a drumroll to the door cracking open two inches. A slice of light revealed a gray, gaunt face adorned with simple, circular glasses.

"Who is it? W-what is it?"

"Hey, uh, Ray? It's your Cousin, Daniel."

"Oh... uh... yes, yes of course, Daniel. Long time no see." Ray said opening the door a little more.

"Hey buddy, Aunt Trish is pretty worried about you, man. Everything okay?"

"Yes, yes. It's- everything's fine. Thank you."

It was at this moment I noticed a thick dripping noise acting as metronome to our bland small talk. I looked down and saw dark red blood spattering on white tile.

"Oh my God! Ray!" I exclaimed.

"It's nothi-" He said, rushing to shut the door. I caught it and pushed it open. I felt his feet fail to catch any friction with blood on the floor. When I pushed it totally open, I saw what looked like a murder scene. Blood and glass stretched across his floor like a crimson night sky with shattered stars scattered about.

I looked down and saw Ray lying on the ground, making feeble attempts to lift himself up. I propped him up against the refrigerator and saw a deep cut in his forearm accompanied by other cuts and scars that criss-crossed their way up his arm. They faded from being red and scabbed to being fleshy and raised.

"What the hell are you doing!?" I muttered to no one in particular.

"I... I... You wouldn't... There's no way I can tell you..." He said, eyes glassing over. I Helped Ray up and moved him over to the couch in the next room. His face was very slim considering how big his belly was. I sat him down.

"Ray, you need to tell me everything."

"..." Ray's face began to grimace.

"Ray... Please, your family is here to help you..."

"Vampire!" Ray blurted. I was taken aback. I remember trying to start a sentence, but words just wouldn't come out.

"I... I've been cutting- ever since my wife left me I've been haunted by a vampire... I- I think she asked it to- to haunt me!... I've been cutting- here, look at my arms... I give it a tiny bowl of blood every night so it won't take my fresh blood." Ray said, rubbing his arms. I didn't know what to say to him. What could have I said? This was childish, ridiculous and more than unsettling that a grown man had been bleeding himself to feed an imaginary monster.

"Alright, Ray... Ray? Listen to me... I'm... I'm here to save you, from the, uh. Vampire. I'm taking you back so we can have a, uh, priest- bless you with holy water and uh... Garlic." Each word I spoke felt like a heavy foot step on thinning ice. Ray looked relieved, however. He gave me a hug and said he was going to go shower. I pulled out my cell phone immediately and called my Aunt.

"Hey, Trish... It's Daniel... Yeah I'm here. No, he's not okay. Not at all... It's hard to explain over the phone. When we get back we need to get him some serious mental help... I said don't worry about it... I got it. What do you mean? Operation? Forget it, I'd say by tomorrow afternoon is when we'll be back. Okay, you too. Bye."

A yawn slithered its way out of my mouth and just like that, I was poisoned with fatigue. Ray came down the stairs, wearing the same clothes and a head full of dry hair.

"I thought you said you were taking a shower..."

"I did, er- I mean... I need to clean up the- uh, blood."

"Okay, well, uh, listen: We need to spend the night here, man. I am way too tired to drive home. Are you okay with staying one more night here, man?" I asked as the sounds of glass and blood being cleaned composed the ambiance.

"Yeah, that's fine. I have lots of blood in the fridge just in case something like this happened. We'll set some out before we go to bed."

"Uh, yeah. Sure." Once we set out the blood in a tiny glass bowl, we made our way upstairs. There was only two doors adjacent to each other on the second floor.

"Alright, Daniel. I'll be sleeping in this room and you-"

"Get this one, right?" I said, reaching for the door knob.

"NO! NO! NO! DON'T!" Ray's words exploded out of him in a raspy fury that changed his face from gray to a reddish-purple. I let go of the knob.

"That's- That's the vampire's room. It's very important you don't go in there."

"Al-alright, man... I'll sleep on the couch..." Ray smiled at that.

"Good night, Daniel."

"Night..."

I headed downstairs, laid on the couch and almost instantly fell asleep. I must have been asleep for no more than three hours until I heard a scratching noise. It was a rapid, raspy scratch with a rubbery sound at the end of each, irregular stroke. I stood up and walked through the kitchen and what I saw made the hairs on the back of my neck jump as high as they could.

The tiny bowl of blood we left out was empty.

I stepped over it slowly. The sound of my own heart beat began to swallow the scratching noise. I wrapped my fingers around the door knob. A heat flooded the back of my head and flushed my cheeks. My fingers felt weak. The door flung open before I knew it. The only thing on the other side of the door was the sound of my own heart beat. Adrenaline made me open the door quicker than I intended. The sound of thumping noises crawling up the stairs flooded the house.

I ran into the living room ready to fight whatever was there. But instead, I was confronted with a door slamming from upstairs. Then, a heard a high-pitched creak. I walked up the stairs and saw the "vampire" room door was cracked open. The moonlight spilling in from the window revealed the white glisten of an eye peering from the door crack.

I felt the eye touching my body like an unwanted hand caressing me. The door slammed. I ran back downstairs, out the front door and to my car. But, instead of finding my car where I parked it, I found it sticking straight out of a ditch. Totaled. It must of somehow gone into neutral and rolled down the hill into the ditch.

I tried to reach into my pocket for my phone.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me."

I ran back inside, expecting to kick something or someone lurking around. Luckily, no one was there but me. And unfortunately, nothing was there but me. My cell phone wasn't on the couch. I walked in the kitchen and peered into a sink full of water, only to discover my phone halfway sinking and halfway floating. Good as gone.

I didn't want to go back up to the second floor and knock on Ray's bedroom door. I also didn't want to run in the night just in case something or someone is out there waiting for just that.

Instead, I sat on the couch holding and unplugged lamp as a bludgeoning device. I must have sat there for hours without moving. But, I must have also fallen asleep at some point because I remember waking up to flowers all around me. Ray stood in front of me with an irate expression. Arms crossed and everything.

"Ray... Last night- my car, it-"

"Shut your mouth!" Ray barked. My words fell limp and lifeless to the floor before I could say them.

"You didn't come here to save me you fucking liar. You came here because you FUCKING LOVE HER!" Ray erupted and unfolded his arms at the last few words. I can only imagine the face I made looked like I was trying to piece together a puzzle with pieces from different boxes.

"Ray, what're you talking about?"

"You and that goddamn vampire are lovers. That's why it left you all these flowers. You don't care about me. You just care about eating undead pussy." Ray scowled. I guffawed.

"What the fuck are you talking about, man!? You think I came here, crashed my own car, threw my phone in a sink full of water just so I can have sex with an imaginary monster you think you have in a spare bedroom!?"

Ray stood as still and as silent as stone. It wasn't until after a few long seconds of eye contact that Ray said, "so, you think she's imaginary do you?"

"Yeah, Ray. I really do." I half lied.

I'm not sure when Ray picked up the lamp, but it couldn't have been more than a few seconds before he hit me upside the head with it. The sharp searing pain lasted only a couple seconds before my eyes drank in the shadows and drowned in the darkness.

I woke up with blood crusted to the side of my face. Every twitch made red flakes fall to the floor. I motioned to brush it off of my face, but my hands were didn't move. I struggled as hard as I could, but my fingers were so numb and my body was so weak. It took me a couple minutes to regain coherency and a couple more to realize my hands were tied to a leg of the kitchen table.

I laid flat on the ground, limp and motionless. Everything was a blur. Time proved to be the most effective whet stone, as only after a few minutes my vision progressively became sharper and sharper.

Kneeling ten feet away from me, however, was a long limbed, boney figure with long black hair and glistening eyes. Its skin was gray and it wheezed with every breath. I swallowed pure adrenaline, my body wanted to explode out of whatever was tying me down. Instead, I became petrified. The creature began to walk on its hands and feet. The sound of skin slapping against tile became louder and louder as it neared me.

It grabbed my pants and started to unzip them. I wanted to kick it in the face and fight with all my might, but god dammit I felt like my bones vanished from my body. Its rough, scarred hands gently grabbed my... my penis.

It took me into its mouth. It was cold and wet. Its eyes never strayed away from mine the entire time as its head bobbed up and down.

Up and down.

Up and down.

I closed my eyes. They became warm with tears. I never truly wished I was dead until I felt my member swell. I wanted to will my body into becoming limp and flaccid again, but it refused me. The creature stood up over me. It's breath smelled of blood. I watched as it lowered itself onto me. It vagina was dry. And clammy. Dry and clammy. It made a god-awful wheezing moan as it bounced on me faster and faster.

I released myself inside of it. The creature slid off and rubbed its stomach affectionately. It then got on all fours again and quickly thumped its way back upstairs where the door slammed closed.

I struggled my way free from the rope that had me tied. I took off a good chunk of skin with it, too. I stood up, pulled my pants up and grabbed a kitchen knife from the drawer.

I felt all fear crust over and chip away as I gently walked up the stairs. I tried my best not to make a sound. The "vampire" room door was open. I gently pushed it open, making only a church-mouse squeak.

There was a long black wig on the floor. A mannequin that sported a fat suit. A variety of different dildos and knives and other perverted things were all clustered together in one room. There was a poorly made hole in the wall with crumbling dry wall and exposed wooden boards. It lead to Ray's bedroom. I peaked in and saw Ray wearing a sweater.

That's it.

between his bare legs was a vagina... and my cum drizzling out of it.

His wife left him because he wasn't the man she married

Trish asked about his operation.

He's not the man she married

He had an operation...

Ray smiled. I turned around and sprinted out of his home. I heard his foot steps behind me, but they were falling distant as I outran him. I eventually got to a bus station and made it home.

That was a few weeks ago. Now I sit here, drinking scotch, waiting for the court date. Trying to pluck off that leech at the back of my head.



Submitted September 29, 2015 at 09:19AM by RobotVampire http://ift.tt/1KH1m9Y nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment