Friday, September 1, 2017

Whirlpool Ice Maker appliancerepair

So I have a whirlpool refrigerator that was purchased in December 2015. In the freezer it has an Ice maker that spits out a few half moon shaped ice cubes. The Ice maker has one of those on/off metal bars (Up off, down on). It appears to be attached with 3 flat head screws to the side of the freezer with one molex-type electrical connection. My questions are:

Are those the only screw connections?

If I disconnect the screws and the power, is there a physical connection for the water source?

If I disconnect the power source and I turn the fridge back on with the Ice Maker unplugged, do I need to worry about the water pouring out?

A little more background:

Ice maker appears do nothing. It's not 'asking for more water'. I don't believe the physical mechanism is broken. At this point I want to pull the thing out to look at it because I can't see shit with it in the back of the freezer.



Submitted September 01, 2017 at 04:42PM by skepticalcow http://ift.tt/2guPnae appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment