Monday, September 25, 2017

My MIL is the worst one-upper I've ever known BabyBumps

She's really sweet and extremely easy to get along with most of the time, but for some reason when it comes to getting settled or starting a family, she LIVES for reminding my husband I that she had it way worse.

For example, we recently moved into the biggest house we've ever been able to afford. It's a really pretty 3 bedroom house in a nice, quiet, family-friendly neighborhood. Our furniture is limited because we've never lived in a place so big and before this, our place was furnished.

She asked me to walk through the house and send her pictures of the furniture. (She lives across the country from us). Weird, but I obliged. Then, instead of advice on finding deals, or anything normal, she textes me pictures of polariods from when she was a new mom, to point out that she had lawn furniture as a dining set.

I was annoyed, but brushed it off.

Then, I sent her a baby update. I joked that her son has been so cute and over-protective, that it's driving me nuts. She responded with "It could be worse. B's dad had me help move a refrigerator when I was very pregnant with B." (B is my husband).

Cue instant pregnancy rage.

They've been divorced for like, 10 years. B's mom is happily remarried and now VERY COMFORTABLE. I don't know why she insists on forcing us to show her that we're less well-off, just so she can remind us that "it could be worse!" and give us examples of her misery from 30 years ago.

I love her, but thank god she's across the country.



Submitted September 26, 2017 at 03:01AM by Ohshitababy http://ift.tt/2hvlmnx BabyBumps

No comments:

Post a Comment